Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Picking Up Where I Left Off


In addition to starting the "homeland" part of  my new work, I'm also happily working on the final necklace in my "Alone/Together" series that I began in Iceland. This is the first I have embroidered since I left Iceland and it feels wonderful, not only the technique/process but also resuming work on a beloved piece from a beloved place. It's also an opportunity to be still and quite which also feels really important because there is a lot happening in my home life with my father


When I am done with this piece, it will be the biggest necklace I have made. It's exciting to me to be working in this scale and it feels transitional as I move toward more sculptural work. The necklace will measure about 16 feet long.



Thanks for reading.

No comments: