Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Taking It All In

sometimes I feel like my eyes are in my hands

It's been just a few days since I've arrived and I'm just beginning to take it all in. Jet lag has been pretty rough on me, which is not unusual, but is something I seem to forget every time. I barely sleep with jet lag even though I am exhausted and then I find it hard to concentrate and motivate. I'm feeling some pressure due to the amount of time I have, but I imagine this working to my advantage once I have a more concrete idea. I know I can't force any of this, but I have to keep the timing in mind. Striking a balance between these will be a challenge, staying on task while allowing things to happen naturally… I have gone on a few walks so far, just wandering with a few destinations in mind. So far I am thinking about islands and the connections we create as we go from place to place. I'm wondering about how I create home in a new place, especially a new place that is also foreign. I'm also looking closely at roof lines and these funny pruned trees. I will continue to walk and observe today and tomorrow and then I'll regroup. The actual creation really needs to begin on Wednesday…

islands off the coast of Sweden
today I will travel to the islands of the Southern Archipelago

little floating islands
I could have watched these guys for hours, they just floated on their backs the whole time

rooflines and street light

these oddly pruned trees are all over Gothenburg

See more images on Flickr.

Thanks for reading.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell us about the islands. I don't know why they do that to the trees, but they "top" trees in Louisville KY too for some reason.
Roxy