Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Left My Jewelry in San Francisco: Part 2

I drove to Healdsburg, CA with Raissa Bump to visit Gallery Lulo and have lunch with owners Karen Gilbert and Anne-Kathrine Schjerbeck. Lulo has represented my work for the last two years so I was excited to see the space and spend time with Karen and Katrina.The gallery is lovely--white walls, simple and elegant design, minimal jewelry displays. Currently on view is an exhibition of jewelry and paintings based on dreams by Niki Ulehla. (The collection is very interesting and I will talk about it a different post very soon.) I left the gallery with a pair of glass and metal earrings by Karen Gilbert.

 
At lunch at Bistro Ralph, we talked about having a two-person show for Raissa and myself sometime in 2013. I'm really excited about this possibility! I've thought about doing something like this with Raissa since we met in 2007. After lunch, we drove through the grapevine-lined countryside and then down Highway 1. We stopped in Point Reyes for some thrifting and a beer. It felt like we were on a road trip.  
More images on Flickr.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: