Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 7 and a Sixth Glimpse

Week 7 and a sixth glimpse AND my final week of fundraising! How time flies! (My deadline is NEXT Monday, May 9!) These new images show the masked necklace with spray paint layered in white and light blue. I chose light blue because the original necklace was made of light blue rhinestones. I know it's hard to tell from the images but only certain cubes are painted. Next week I will post images of the completed piece and I will also reveal the original necklace. Stay tuned...!


In addition to this new glimpse I also want to comment on how fascinating this experience has been for me. I have never done anything like this before and I have learned so much! I plan to write more about this this week. I hope those of you who haven't contributed might feel compelled to donate, too. Additional funding above my $6,000 goal will be used toward professional photography, a necessary and costly component of making new work. I've been working with my wonderful photographer, Hank Drew, since 2004. This October I will work with him once again as he shoots the completed body of work and I hope to fly to Seattle to be in the studio when he takes the pictures. Needless to say, this will be an expensive endeavor so any funds beyond the $6,000 will be incredibly helpful. (So far we have raised $217!) Every little bit helps so if you've been following my project please consider making a contribution this week and help us to end with a bang! Thank you!

Here's are some helpful links to my project: "This is How I Remember It"
Flickr
USA Works-in-Progress showcase and blog

Thanks for reading.

No comments: