fifth glimpse, the masking process. Originally I planned to spray paint the entire necklace with light blue paint, but after seeing how the piece reflects light I knew I couldn't cover-up all that shine. Instead I decided to play on the light effects and only paint a few pieces. Masking was made very tricky then and I began by very carefully masking each cube. This got old fast and I ended up just piling on the tape. (Please visit my Flickr set to see details of all that tape!) When I was done I placed the piece on cardboard and taped down a few exposed spots. Now it's ready to paint!
my USA project, you still can! I have two weeks left to raise funds and I could definitely use extra funding beyond my $6,000 goal to offset the cost of professional photography. Please consider it! And THANK YOU!
Thanks for reading.