This process was tedious! I had to grab the end of the staple to be melted with my third arm, making it stick up just enough that I could melt the wire and not cause any damage to the cubes. I also had to quench the necklace after melting each ball so I would not burn my fingers as I set-up for the next round--after patting the necklace dry, I set-up the system again. The completed necklace pictured at the top is composed of 40 cubes and took about 9 hours to connect.
I also wanted to let you know even though the project has been funded, I will continue to post a new "Glimpse" and updates every week. You are also welcome to continue to contribute as the project can still accumulate funds until my May 9 deadline! Any additional funds will be used towards professional photography of the completed body of work. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or read more about this here.
Thanks again for your continued support!
Thanks for reading.