Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

It's Been 10 Years, Part 2


My work has changed a lot over the years. I began with simple production collections in sterling, steel, and gold. Then I started my Line Drawings as a way to expand my ideas of line, shape, and visual movement. Next I moved into working with solid, geometric forms and negative space in my Borderlines series. Later I experimented with spray paint and historical jewelry in Regal Graffiti followed by clustering teardrops and bows to create voluminous Bow Clusters. This is also when I began using my memories to add meaning and depth to each piece. 





I was able to make specific bodies of work for solo shows in 2012 and 2013 including This is How I Remember It and Observation/TranslationFor both exhibitions I used jewelry to illustrate my memories and observations using metal and non-metal materials. In 2014 I began to shift my focus to include non-jewelry forms in I Live Here Now, a solo exhibition of jewelry, small-scale installations, and two-dimensional works for the wall. Most recently, I made In Between, my first large-scale installation inside a two-story utility elevator. 






Since 2005 my skills and confidence have gotten stronger. I know myself better and have a deeper understanding of what I do and why. My work has become more complex, detailed, and personal and there is still so much to learn and make. Please visit my recently updated website to see all my different bodies of work as well as works-in-progress, collaborative projects, wedding rings, and photography

Thanks for reading.

No comments: