Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Guest Star #92...Karen Vanmol


Guest Star Friday is back and I am going to try my hardest to share the work of another jeweler every Friday just like I used to. Since I am in Belgium I am going to tell you about the wonderful work being made here...
I had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with Belgian jeweler, Karen Vanmol, soon after I arrived in Antwerp. We first met at the steps of Het Steen, the 12th century castle that is city's oldest building. We also walked around the city, ate sandwiches, and later went to the exhibition Patro(o)n at the Silver Museum. The following week she was kind enough to accompany me on my first trip to buy materials. Needless to say, it has been very nice getting to know her. 

I saw Karen's work for the first time someplace online, but I can't remember where exactly. I was interested in her forms, her color palette, and the distressed edges and surfaces of each piece. Her new work continues the mixing of nature and the urbane and shows a lovely attention to balance and subtle detail. 


Thanks for reading.

No comments: