Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Textílsetur Testimonial


I wrote a testimonial for Textílsetur Íslands and it's currently featured on their website. This paragraph was easy to write on one hand because I had the most incredible time, but it was also very challenging to sum up all the things that happened in just a few short lines. Here is the piece now, and I hope you will also visit the website and learn more about this wonderful place...


“The month I spent at Textílsetur Íslands was one filled with quiet studio time, long walks, and solitude in the landscape of Iceland. I came to the residency to create an embroidered piece about the darkness of life and spent the entire month stitching the piece. It is an island composed of thousands of knots in black and gray thread. These knots and the dark colors represent the sadness and heaviness of life, the difficulties and challenges, the other half of the human experience. The nurturing environment around me both inside the residency and outside in nature gave me the space and time needed to make this piece. I truly enjoyed every day I was at Textílsetur Íslands and will long cherish that time as inspirational and worthwhile.”


You can read other posts about my month-long residency here and here... and more, on the blog.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: