Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Well Said: New Publications

American Craft 

"Comfort is both a physical sensation and an emotional state, the moment when warmth and well-being meet." 

- from American Craft 

My necklace Since 1882, Since 1976 can be seen inside the pages of the February/March issue of American Craft magazine. The necklace is part of the Collective Unconscious article, Warm Fuzzies, featuring a variety of contemporary craft that fits the theme of warmth and comfort. The article is fantastic and I am excited to be a part of it.

My work, or rather, my process is also described in a new professional development book, Let Your Creativity Work for You, written by Heather Allen. Based in Raleigh, NC, Heather helps artists promote their work and grow their careers. (I met her when she was an intern at the Penland and I was a resident artist.) The book covers topics like knowing your story, using social media, and creating routine, the part that details my practice. It also includes clear, organized steps to help artists meet goals, a variety of exercises, and helpful information direct from artists themselves. Here's a quote written by Heather from the chapter that features my contribution: 

"Good, habit forming routines set you up for success. Routine helps you get into flow and creates predicability in how you receive energy, use energy, and generate momentum." 

Well said, Heather. 

Let Your Creativity Work for You by Heather Allen

inside American Craft and the feature Warm Fuzzies

 my work in Warm Fuzzies

inside Let Your Creativity Work for You

Thanks for reading.

No comments: