Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Teaching in My Neighborhood



In addition to giving a lecture at Munson Williams Proctor, I'm teaching two classes at the School of Art. The first class, "Innovating the Chain," happens this Saturday and Sunday, February 8 and 9 from 9-4 each day. The second class, "Exploring Process, Building Form," is Saturday, March 4 also from 9-4. Please follow the links to read class descriptions, see the tuition and to register. If you have any questions about my classes, please feel free to email me at amy@amytavern.com.

Here are some examples of student work from both classes taught previously:

Maia Lepo, chain from "Innovating the Chain"

Danielle James, two brooches 
from "Exploring Process, Building Form"

I'm looking forward to teaching at MWP. I took a drawing class and a ceramics class there back in the 90s and enjoyed both very much. The best drawing I've ever made was in that drawing class, too. I still have it and keep it on display in my house. It reminds me that I can indeed draw and is a beautiful document of my favorite pair of Doc Martens, which, sadly, I no longer have. The drawing also has all my marks of process--I intentionally left them intact then, which is telling to me considering my strong interest in process today.


Thanks for reading.

No comments: