Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Residency at Sím



A few weeks ago I got an email from the Sím Residency in Reykjavík that I had been waiting for, and hoping for…and I'm so happy to say I'll be there as a resident artist in April and May! While I'm there I will be taking time to think about my work and this new direction I want to go in. Reading, writing and drawing will be my priorities and I hope to dive deep into thought. I'm pretty thrilled to have this chance; the opportunity to devote time to my work in this way. Thinking time is a luxury, honestly, but so critical to the process. I'm also looking forward to having a different experience in Iceland, one in a city this time. I'm sure it will change my perspective in ways I cannot even imagine.

I am counting the days…






Thanks for reading.





1 comment:

ellenm said...

congrats Amy!! That's such good news :D