Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

I Live Here Now, Part 4

gold wreath from Greece


I'm in the final week of making work for my show…my deadline is Friday, the day I have to ship everything to my photographer. My personal deadline is Wednesday by the end of the day, whenever that is. I'm doing this because I like have time to just be with the work once it's done, to just sit with it in my studio and think about it. I think this is a very important part of the process. Then I'll spend Friday measuring everything and then packing it all up to send off to Seattle. This week I plan to post every day about the work in one way or another. For today, here are some of the images of historical jewelry I'm using as inspiration:

men's jewelry set, 1920s

Italian reliquaries

portrait miniature with braided hair

chatelaine

jet mourning jewelry

Thanks for reading.

No comments: