Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Observation/Translation


There it is! The title of my solo show at Beyond Fashion! With less than a month to go, I thought it was time to share it along with my first statement. It's brief, but it should give you an idea of what I am thinking about:

"As a resident in a new, foreign place, my power of observation has become important to me in unusual and often unexpected ways. I recorded my daily observations with photographs, drawings, and text and have now translated them into a collection of new jewelry. This process and the resulting pieces are how I understand my new home, capture my memories, and share the experience with others."

Here's a little preview of some of the work so far, too...



The show opens on September 6 at 6pm and runs through October 20. I will also give a lecture on September 5. 

Thanks for reading.

No comments: