Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Next Up: Television


I'm going to be interviewed today by local public broadcasting station WSKG for a program called Artist Cafe. I've never been on TV before so this is a new experience for me and it's both exciting and unsettling. I did make a video for my crowd-sourcing grant a few years ago and I imagine I will feel as strange for today's interview as I did for that short piece. It's just weird and awkward to be in front of a camera and it makes me feel pretty insecure. As I said last week, I love lecturing but being on camera is another thing entirely. With that said, I also have to talk about my excitement. What a great opportunity this is and I know the process will be interesting to be involved with. I really like that it will be a part of public broadcasting, too, something I value and use. The staff of WSKG and I will begin at Cherry Branch Gallery where my exhibition "I Live Here Now" is on view. Then we will travel to my studio. I'm not sure when the piece will air, but I will let you know.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will try to remember to watch this if they have it online.
Roxy Lentz

Anonymous said...

I will try to find this if they have it on line. Will be fun to watch.
Roxy Lentz