Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

I Live Here Now, Locally


A few weeks ago I mentioned how ever since I Live Here Now opened in Sweden, I've wanted more people to see it...and, thus, the special event at Velvet da Vinci. I've also been thinking about how nice it would be if my family and friends here in my hometown could see the work. As I made the pieces over the winter I considered having an open house in my studio, but it became clear there wouldn't be enough time or space. I haven't stopped thinking about this, though, and two weeks ago remembered the Cherry Branch Gallery in nearby Cherry Valley. I took a drive to see the space again with its big, storefront window, well-worn wooden floor and beautiful natural light, and as soon as I saw it, I knew it would be a great place to present the show. I approached the director, Kristen Henderson, and she just happened to have an opening in September! The exhibition opens Saturday, September 6 with a reception from 5-7pm, and I'm very pleased to have a chance to show this special work locally. 


Thanks for reading.


No comments: