Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

So What Am I Doing Here?

the Sím studios and apartments
my studio is that little window at the top

I have been in Iceland for nearly a month now and so much has happened! I've been reading a lot in my studio, mostly about artists I admire and don't know very much about. I'm also thinking a lot and doing a little bit of drawing. I go for walks every day and take pictures and meditate on questions I have about my work. It feels luxurious to read all day about art and go for long walks and it feels much needed and important. I've been taking in a lot of galleries and exhibitions, too, and went on an incredible four-day road trip all along the south coast. I'll tell you about all of that soon! For now, here are some photos from my daily walking…and, as always, I have posted more on Facebook and on Flickr.

in my neighborhood - three walls by my friend, Guido Van Helten

nets and ropes in the harbor very close to my apartment and studio

Viðey Island, largest island of the Kollafjørður Bay, 
a short boat ride from the city

Grótta lighthouse in Seltjarnarnes, the town right next to Reykjavík 
and a 30 minute walk from where I live

 Thanks for reading.

No comments: