Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Lecture


detail of Family, a necklace in brass and sterling silver

I will give a lecture on Wednesday, September 5 in conjunction with the opening of my new solo exhibition at Beyond Fashion. The lecture is at 7pm and I will talk for about 30 minutes. The presentation will include my thoughts on living in Belgium and how it has affected my work as well as a description of my process. I will also give some background information on my career and life before coming to Belgium as a way of introducing myself to my new audience. I won't have a Powerpoint to lead me through so I will walk around the installation as I talk. It will be a different way for me to present my work but I think it will allow me to be more casual and conversational with attendees. I will have a slide show on my laptop on view so everyone can take a look at my previous work and some process shots for this new work.

If you live in the area and would like to attend (and I hope you will!), please RSVP with me or the gallery. You can send me an email at amy@amytavern.com or to the gallery at beyondfashion@antwerpen.be. You may also call the gallery at +32 +3 2378541

Beyond Fashion
Pourbusstraat 7
2000 Antwerpen Zuid
Belgium

Lecture 7pm

Refreshments will be served!

Thanks for reading.

No comments: