Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

my big news

just about a week ago i emailed my fall newsletter and announced that i will be taking an indefinite hiatus from my collections while i pursue my one-of-a-kind studio jewelry here at penland. this will begin at the end of january. i got some sincere and much appreciated words of support and excitement from lots of people which made me feel even better about my decision. (thanks to all of you!) i also announced my 5 year online anniversary and holiday sale which begins on november 23. if you haven't heard this news, here are a few excerpts from my newsletter:

"my first summer as a penland resident artist is over and i am looking forward to the much quieter seasons ahead. the last couple of months have been intense and have brought about a great deal of change for me and my work. this residency is my time for exploration and contemplation and i must take advantage. i have decided to take an indefinite hiatus from my collections and will not be introducing any new work next spring as i usually do each year. instead, i will retire my collections altogether. i know this may come as a surprise; it was definitely not an easy decision to come to, but i know now is the right time to take such a risk. additionally, i will be taking a break from shows and exhibitions and jewelry of the month. i have loved bringing interesting and affordable designs to you over the past 5 years. it has been such a pleasure and i thank you for all your business and support.

in other big news, this october marks my 5 year online anniversary. 5 years ago i introduced my website and was featured in lucky magazine which was the biggest kick for my work and my business. my website and my jewelry have evolved over the years and i have enjoyed it all very much, but the time has come to say goodbye for now.

starting november 23 please join me in celebrating the last 5 years. not only will all collection pieces be 25% off but i will also offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders, EXTRA DISCOUNTS on select items including some retired items, and a FREE PLASTIC EGG NECKLACE (you get to choose the color) with all orders of $75 or more. i really want to say thanks in a big way to all of you and it is my pleasure to offer these special deals.

the celebration and sale will end on January 31 and my egg and bean, steel and gold, and preface collections will disappear from my website. my etsy and supermarket shops will also disappear. i will always honor repairs on collection items you have purchased over the years and will be happy to make earrings matches, however, i will not accept any special orders on any retired pieces."


thanks for reading.

No comments: