Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

love at first sight

i moved to the penland school of crafts on sunday and finished setting up my studio last night. i'm in awe. i've never had a studio as big as this one - it's about 1200 square feet. (it's probably bigger than any apartment i've ever lived in, too!) my studio is one of several in an old barn that is surrounded by trees and overlooks a rolling meadow. (i will post exterior pictures soon. it's pouring outside!) my studio faces this meadow and gets great afternoon light. right now the space seems massive with only my little bench and office area. i will be filling it up in march after my february commitments are complete. i will also do some work on the walls and maybe give it a fresh coat of paint. i'm glad i have two months to think about it all. it will be so fun to really make it my own.
thanks for reading.

10 comments:

Kate Endle said...

OMG!! What a dream! I'm speachless.

Mom101 said...

Wow, what an incredible studio Amy. I know much beauty will be made there.

Liz from Cool Mom Picks

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

That is wonderful! I can't wait to see more pictures of the area and of what you create!
Valerie

Heather said...

Amy, that looks like a wonderful place to be creative! :) I think a visit would be great!

Unknown said...

Wow. That is great!! I know 2 people that have been lucky enough to get the residency and you are going meet SO many amazing people. I am so excited for you, and totally jealous. :) Enjoy it! You will make such awesome work there. I can't wait to see what you get into! I'm trying to get a teaching assistantship there this summer, maybe I will run into you there!

Sally said...

You are the luckiest jeweler in town! It couldn't happen to a sweeter lady. Congratulations- hope to come visit sometime in the next three years.

Anonymous said...

congratulations, amy! This is terrific! I hope to return to Penland this summer for a class - perhaps we can meet in person. What a gift to be able to dedicate these years to your work, in this way, in this place.
-ginger

tricia said...

That really does look amazing!

michelle pajak-reynolds said...

WOW, I'm so jealous ;)

Ada Rosman said...

what a wonderful space and congrats!