Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Hmm, Very Interesting…My Favorites 2014


It's a little late, but here is my annual favorites post... You may notice this time many of my favorites are about home, which stems from the body of work I created for my solo show, "I Live Here Now" last year. These are the things I was reading, listening to, and studying while I made that work, along with a few other things that just fascinated me.








(incredible, but not for the squeamish)

"The Artist’s Memory Is a Dangerous, Necessary Thing" 
by Mostafa Heddaya, Hyperallergic

"The artist’s memory is a dangerous, necessary thing. Never disavow what you see and remember—it’s your brilliant stock-in-trade: remembering, and making something out of it. Artists remember the world as it is, first, because you have to know what it is you’re reinventing; that’s a rule, perhaps the only one: being cognizant of your source material." - Hilton Als




==============================================

As always, please feel free to send me your favorites either by leaving a comment here or by emailing me at atavern@gmail.com.


Thanks for reading.

No comments: