Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Teaching in Iceland!

announcement for the class

I just got an unexpected opportunity to teach some classes here in Iceland! On Wednesday and Thursday of next week I will lead a basic embroidery class in Skagaströnd and in Blönduós. I will demonstrate a variety of stitches including line stitches, filling stitches, and knots. I will also introduce a different materials and show how to separate and blend thread. After my demos students will have a chance to try the stitches themselves and work with me individually as needed.  Here's a translation of the announcement:


*Basic Embroidery Class with textile artist Amy Tavern (USA)

www.amytavern.com

Amy Tavern is a textile artist and jewelery maker. Amy is here at Nes
Artist Residency for May and June, during her artist residency she will give
2 classes to teach some basic embroidery to anyone who would like to
join in! The class is free, but you need to bring some things to use.
Please email Amy before Tuesday 18 June to tell her you will come to the
class. Amy will then email you a list of what you need to bring.

The 2 classes will be at Skagaströnd and Blönduós.

Skagaströnd:
Wednesday 19 June
5:30 - 6:30
Nes Artist Residency (Fjörubraut 8)

Blönduós:
Thursday 20 June
6:30 - 7:30
Icelandic Textiles Center

I am so pleased to have this opportunity and look forward to spending time with locals from both communities as well as some of my fellow resident artists. 

Thanks for reading.






No comments: