Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Other Side of Exhibitions

from the exhibition "Hot Under the Collar" that I co-juried for last year's SNAG conference

I am now part of the Society of North American Goldsmiths Conference Exhibitions Committee. I will serve for three years alongside Raissa Bump, David Clemons, and Adrienne Grafton. We are responsible for organizing the exhibitions for the annual conference, starting with the 2015 conference planned for Boston. I have been interested in curating and planning exhibitions for a number of years and I'm excited for this opportunity not only because I get to help plan the exhibitions, but also because its a great way for me to give back to my field. I am honored to have been invited. The other members of the committee are all my friends, too, so I am very pleased to be included. We have had two conference calls already this year and have compiled a list of possible exhibitions venues in Boston. I am sure the planning that will unfold over the coming months will be a challenging and stimulating process and I am looking forward to working with such a talented, intelligent, and fun group of people.
 Raissa
David
Adrienne

Thanks for reading.


No comments: