Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Year, New Colors

I decided to change my spray paint colors this year--it was time for a change. I am also feeling more introspective than usual, thus the muted tones versus the brighter ones I was using before. The new subdued palate includes gray, army green, light blue, lavender, and gold. Each color is layered with a darker or lighter color of the same variety underneath instead of the usual white. For example, the lavender has a darker purple underneath, while the army green has an lighter olive tone underneath. I am especially excited about the gold! In general I just really love covering up precious sterling silver with spray paint and now using gold paint seems even more appropriate.


You can find these pieces at Light Art + Design in Chapel Hill and at Galerie Noel Guyomarc'h in Montreal.

More on Flickr.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: