Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Auction in Two Parts, Part 2

 
Here are some more pictures form auction weekend, some of which were taken by my friend, Beth Schaible of Quill and Arrow Press. (Please be sure to check out her fantastic books and letterpress prints!) She also made the collage of images below, which I just love. Beth and my friend, Pili, helped me during the resident event and I am grateful to both of them--Coffee at the Barns gets very, very busy. Another highlight was the wonderful talk former core fellow, Wes Stitt, gave before the special "Fund-a-Need" for new core student housing. You can read more about the auction on the Penland blog.
top and below by Beth Schaible

Finally, I want to mention the flowers the residents get every year for our studios. The flowers all come from the gardens and fields around Penland. I was very excited to get a green bouquet this year. 

More on Flickr.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: