Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

juggling act

so there's a lot going on right now. a lot. teaching at penland, trunk show preparations, holiday wholesale orders...when will i sleep exactly? not much, that's for sure! the class is going well. so far we've covered designing basics, surface textures, forging and simple metal forming, and simple findings. today we began soldering and we'll be working on that through wednesday.

my class is great! in addition to a few projects (a pendant, a pair of earrings, and a cuff bracelet), i asked them to spend some time over the weekend drawing in their sketchbooks and also asked them to make a few lists (i do love lists!!) - 3 goals for the class, 3 favorite artists, and 3 things that inspire them. then today i spent time with each student going over the lists and drawings. it was fantastic to get to know them a little bit better this way. i am enjoying working with them so much! they are talented and seem eager and excited.

in an effort to reduce stress, i am postponing item of the week and guest star friday until next week.

back to work!

thanks for reading.

2 comments:

klineola said...

Hi Amy. I'm so out of the loop that I didn't know you're up the road at Penland. Good luck, sounds like you have a great start.

Sayo said...

I wish I was closer so I could be in your class. I just bought a new book today, and when I got it home I realized you were in it! (Modern Jewelry from Modular Parts) Very nice.