Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Installation Beginnings

Ache

I'm preparing to create an installation in a working elevator at Velvet da Vinci in San Francisco. I've been researching installations inside elevators and thinking about how I can best use this symbolically-loaded space. I've also been looking at my own work and revisiting ideas from the past, studying the why and how behind each piece and looking for the things I would like to expand upon. My first installation happened at Velvet in 2011 as part of my solo show, "This is How I Remember It." Later I created "Ache" and, most recently, I showed "Silently (I Saw a Robin Today)."  I've been reading and writing a lot and but have nothing concrete yet, but this is just the beginning...

Collected Memories at my solo exhibition at Velvet Da Vinci

Silently (I Saw A Robin Today)

Thanks for reading.

No comments: