Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

A Complete Thought

class selfie on the last day

My Penland class "A Complete Thought" was a fantastic experience. My students worked hard and made some very thoughtful work, considering their pieces from all sides and paying close attention to the details. It really felt like everyone challenged themselves technically and aesthetically and I so appreciate that. I enjoyed working with them and wish we had another week together. Session 7 is an intense one with jammed-packed days of demos, discussion and work time. Plus, there are evening events and other activities around campus. There is never enough time so it seems, but I'm pleased with the work of my group of 12 and we had a lot of fun. Here are a few of the finished pieces...

necklace by Baba Barnett

brooch by Roxy Lentz

ring by Sarah Tector

bracelet by Jay Teilhet

brooch by Claire Buck

Thanks for reading.



No comments: