Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

More Talking, Now with Pictures

talking with Molly Anne Bishop about her ceramic work

I was able to get some pictures from the Hand-Crafted Entrepreneurship Symposium. These are from the senior BFA critique. Thanks to Elizabeth Molinari for sending them to me! I really enjoyed my time with the VCU students. Friday of the symposium began with a three-hour group critique with the seniors and all the symposium presenters. Then after lunch we met individually with students for 30-minute one-on-one talks, six over the course of three hours. I was impressed with how interested and responsive the students were. I could tell they were working hard and thinking deeply about how to make their best work. It's always such a pleasure to speak with other artists about their work, especially emerging ones, and by the end of the day I was pumped. I left feeling excited and inspired.
Heather Mae Erickson taking a closer look at Molly's work
with Daniel Michalik, Heather Mae Erickson, and Alex Hibbitt as we talk with Maggie Davids about her steel and plaster sculptures
Alex Hibbitt talking with Frankie Toan about an interactive steel ring

Thanks for reading.


No comments: