Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Guest Star #107...Hildur Ýr Jónsdóttir

I leave for part two of my European trip in about three months (!) and I can't help but get totally absorbed in researching the places I'm going to, especially Iceland where I will be for two months. Finding jewelers who live in the places I will visit is at the top of my list so I've been searching online to find contemporary studio jewelry in Iceland. So far I've found a few jewelers that I really like including today's guest star, Hildur Ýr Jónsdóttir. Hildur's work is clearly inspired by the landscape of her home. She choses materials that echo what she sees everyday, often using things she finds as she walks, and her compositions have a rough, organic feel. I am particularly drawn to her use of rusty and distressed objects and her subtle use of color.

No comments: