Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

More In the Works


Raissa Bump and I have been working away on pieces for our exhibition, "Parallel Constellations." Every week or so we check in with each other and talk about ideas, progress, and problems as we also catch-up and commiserate. We often find ourselves in similar places in our work and our lives and always say goodbye at the end of the conversation feeling inspired. There is an ease and simplicity to this process that has been just lovely. I am enjoying thinking about maps, mapping, and connections in different ways as I work. I often think about the physical distance between Raissa and I (she lives in CA, I live in NC) and the moments in which we have been in the same place at the same time. I like thinking about us moving about our days in studio and out and the maps we create as we go. I am also loving making lots of chain. The exhibition opens on September 14 with an artist reception from 5-7pm.




Thanks for reading.

No comments: