Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

My Second Home


I had the most wonderful, but entirely too short week in Antwerp. I spent my days wandering, visiting my favorite places in the city, and enjoying meals with friends. I knew my way around, visualizing in my mind where things were with no need for maps. I loved being there. It was fantastic to see all my favorite things again and to spend time with my Belgian people. It was also interesting to see how things have changed since the summer. What a luxury to revisit!

I saw some incredible jewelry and fashion: I attended the opening reception and artist talk of Karin Roy Andersson at Beyond Fashion, got to see the work of BegoƱa Prats in person, and went to Mode Museum to see an exhibition of couture textiles. I visited Carolus BoromeusConscienceplein, and Vlaeykensgang. I found more graffiti, danced to techno till 4am with my Belgian brother and sister, and got a new tattoo.

It went by too fast.

 Balenciaga at the Mode Museum

 graffiti at Park Spoor Noord

 an icon at Carolus Borromeus, my favorite church

student work at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts
I spent the day at the school with my friend, Jorge Manilla, an instructor there

at the artist talk of Karin Roy Andersson with some of my favorite people, Karen Vanmol, Linda Savineau, and Karin De Buysere

I loved being able to see how things have changed since I left...
I made a brooch about this piece for my Belgian show. It is quite different now.

More images on Flickr.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: