Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Guest Star #74...Yu Hiraishi

Japan is on my mind so today's Guest Star is Japanese jeweler, Yu Hiraishi. I really like how Yu presents singular color and simple line and shape. Her use of layering and negative space also resonates with me as each piece appears like a fictional land mass. (Plus I love the shadows that some of her pieces create on the white backdrop.)



A group of Etsy Metal artists has committed to donate a portion of their sales to help Japan. Please visit Catherine Chandler's blog for details.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

OperationDenpong said...

i think it's quite beautiful. i love the whole minimalist thing. and taking the positive and negative space into account is lovely and that makes someone an artist.

and my heart goes out to japan as well. it's nice of you to support them.