Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

item of the week



this week’s item of the week is the aligned shadow box in both earrings and necklace form. i made these in an effort to bring some depth and dimension to my otherwise rather flat preface collection. i also wanted to add sheet metal in some way rather than working with my usual wire shapes. after i made them i tried to come up with a good name and thought shadowbox was fitting. there is something very pleasing to me about shadow boxes and the like. they remind me of the many dioramas and dollhouses i made as a kid. this new shadowbox reminds me of those tiny spaces that I filled so happily and meticulously. i think this new form has potential to be filled with something...you might just see that next year.

the aligned shadowbox earrings and necklace are both part of my fall preview. all fall preview designs are currently 20% off until oct. 15.

thanks for reading.

No comments: