Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Guest Star #111...Maria Tsimpiskaki

I was flitting around on Facebook the other day and the jewelry of today's Guest Star, Maria Tsimpiskaki, caught my eye. I have lace on my mind in a number of different ways at the moment--How can I learn bobbin lace from a master in Belgium? How do I get to the Island of Burano, the lace making island, once I'm in Venice? What do I want my lace tattoo to look like?--so I couldn't help but be attracted to the work she is making. Her jewelry is modern lace in metal, formed into simple shapes with beautiful layering and delicacy. I also like that the work is not overly feminine and maintains a sculptural quality. She strikes a wonderful balance between the aged beauty of lace and minimal design.


Thanks for reading.

No comments: