Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Home...Part 2

early work by Sol LeWitt, a favorite artist, at Mass MOCA

I visited three museums while I was home: The Fenimore in Cooperstown, NY, Mass MOCA in North Adams, MA, and The Valentine Museum in Richmond, VA. I saw a lot at each one, but in an effort to keep this post relatively short, I posted photos of the highlights. I was pretty psyched with each visit, especially Mass MOCA. It's probably the best contemporary art museum I've been to in the U.S. and I liked all of the exhibits. All of them! (This does not usually happen.) In brief, I got to see many of my favorite things: historical clothing and jewelry, tattoos, an artist studio, some creepy stuff, and the work a few favorite artists. I posted all my pictures on Flickr so you can see more more more...
hemline of an evening gown from 1824 at the Valentine
tattoo portrait exhibition at the Valentine
posthumous memorial of a baby at the studio of Edward V. Valentine at the Valentine
Civil War era dress at the Fenimore
detail of a sculpture by Lee Bul at Mass MOCA
tiger-skin rug made of 500,000 cigarettes by Xu Bing at Mass MOCA

Thanks for reading.

No comments: