Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

may...

as you may or may not know, i took the entire month of may off from online activities. i did not blog or read other blogs, i did not update my facebook business profile page, my website, or my flickr site, i barely touched email or my personal facebook page, and i did not even think about any of these things really. i have to admit, it was wonderful. i felt lighter. i had more time to do other things. i know how important this stuff can be so i'm coming back to it with a refreshed, open mind. i just want to figure out how to make it all work so i am blogging and such AND finding all the time i need and want to be at my bench, a challenging balancing act for sure. this week i will be thinking about how to do this and would like to have a plan of sorts by the end of the week. i spent some time considering it yesterday. it felt like a brainstorming session only with one person, me. i have a good start so far. also, i have to clarify that i am not loosing myself on the internet, wasting time by getting carried away. my problem is that i spend too much time making it all sound and look right, typos, grammar, spelling, image size, links...i am a bit of a perfectionist. obsessing over all those details can make a blog post that is maybe a short paragraph take over an hour or my flickr uploads two hours plus. then i get mad because i spent too much time. anywhere, there it is. more to follow.

i will also be writing about everything that happened over the last four weeks. when i look back i feel like i did nothing, but when i look closer i realize i actually did a lot. more to follow on all that, too.

for now, see you later and thanks for reading.

p.s. that took me 32 minutes to write. yikes.

3 comments:

Francesca Celia said...

Hooray! Glad you're back, I love your work. :)

_b said...

Glad you're back! I'm a new jewelry artist and a big fan of your work—and your writing too!

radon said...

Amy, this is so interesting. I recently did the same thing...I called it a personal retreat, to think about what is my core mission, what's related to that, what I should spend time on, and what I shouldn't. It's super worthwhile to take the time to consider.

Oh, and everything always takes longer than you think it will, n'est-ce pas?