Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Catch-up Part Three: A Pin for a Favorite


"Keep it in the Can" was an exhibition of the work of Bob Ebendorf at Equinox Gallery in San Antonio, TX in May. Months before that I was invited, along with many other wonderful artists, to make a pin for a Commemorative Pin Exhibition in honor of Bob. It was a surprise for Bob, unveiled at the opening of his show, and participants were asked to keep it a secret until then.

my pin for Bob
photo by Tara Locklear

I admire Bob very, very much. He's an incredible artist, a generous teacher, a wonderful person, and has taught me much in our all too brief moments together. He gave me one of my first critiques as a new resident artist at Penland and he was my partner when we juried "Hot Under the Collar," my first foray into curating. I felt truly privileged to be included in the pin exhibition.

one of Bob's mixed-media brooches

Thanks for reading.

No comments: